You have successfully logged in to the TERMINALFOUR Site Manager. Now let's take a tour of the Site Manager window.
1. Left hand menu - The options in the left hand menu vary based on the user’s role. We can see that this moderator has ‘Content’, ‘Measure’ and ‘System administration’.
- Content - The 'Content' menu option provides direct access to creating, editing, and approving content as well as direct access to the media library.
- Measure - The 'Measure' menu option is where you will access analytics for your site.
- System administration - For someone with a moderator role, the 'System administration menu option provides information on TERMINALFOUR version and system architecture.
2. Top navigation - The buttons in the top navigation are 'Site structure', 'Bookmarks', and the 'TERMINALFOUR Community'.
- Site structure - Using the 'Site structure' button is the same as the 'Home' button and returns you to the site manager window.
- Bookmarks - 'Bookmarks' allow you to easily access frequently used sections.
- TERMINALFOUR Community - The 'TERMINALFOUR Community' has additional training materials, documentation, and a community forum.
- TERMINALFOUR Welcome - The welcome indicates which user is logged in to the system. This is also where you Logout of the system.
3. Site structure - The Site structure is a hierarchical representation of the sections housed in your site. It also contains a visual representation of the approved, pending, and deleted content in each section.
Let's take a closer look at the Site structure.
1. Sections - Each folder in your site structure represents a section (or page) in your site.
- A solid folder indicates a section that shows in navigation.
- A hollow (or empty) folder indicates a section that is necessary, but hidden from navigation.
- A folder with an arrow is a link section.
- A red folder is a section that has been marked for deletion.
2. Content status and count - Each section has content that is either approved, pending, or inactive (deleted).
- Sections with a quantity in the green bucket have content in them that has been approved for publication.
- Sections with a quantity in the orange bucket have content in them that is pending approval.
- Sections with a quantity in the red bucket have content in them that has been marked for deletion or is ‘inactive’ .
3. Actions button - The actions drop down button provides a list of actions that can be executed on sections or content.
Actions drop down
Let's take a closer look at the Actions drop down menu.
1. Section options - From the 'Actions drop down' you can create, edit, preview, and delete sections.
2. Content options - From the 'Actions drop down' you can create, edit, and delete content.
3. Publication options - From the 'Actions drop down' you can publish an individual section or an entire branch of your website.
4. Direct edit and Bookmark section - From the 'Actions drop down' you can access direct edit mode or bookmark a section.